Golf lessons can vary in price depending on the instructor, location, and length of the lesson. On average, a one-hour golf lesson with a PGA professional can cost between $50 and $100.
Packages of multiple lessons are often available at a discounted rate. Some golf courses and driving ranges also offer group lessons for a lower price per person. It is generally a good idea to shop around and get a few quotes from different instructors to find the best price for your budget and needs.
Golf lessons can cover a wide range of topics depending on the student’s goals and the instructor’s focus. Some common areas that may be covered in a golf lesson include:
- Full swing techniques for different clubs (e.g., driver, irons, wedges)
- Short game skills such as putting, chipping, and pitching
- Course management and strategy
- Rules and etiquette of the game
- Mental approach to playing golf
- Physical conditioning for golf
A good golf instructor will typically start by evaluating the student’s current skills and then develop a lesson plan to address any weaknesses and help the student improve. Some instructors may use video analysis to help students see and understand their swing, while others may use drills and exercises to help students develop muscle memory and proper technique.